Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What it is to be human_part 1

This post, shall be my magnum opus, and it shall not be one single post, but a series of posts. I'll not do this alone, like I have before, but instead surround myself with opinion.

My own personal theory of what it is to be human is pretty straight forward. I've yet to see any divinity in it. And I don't think I can explain how it all came about, but maybe, just maybe, if even for a moment, I'd like to take you on a journey through a new way of life.


Whether we know it or not, we humans might have just lived to be a little different than nature. More accurately, and in layman's terms: To question every thing natural, to know how everything natural works, and to live life by doing things our own way.

It's a very simple way of putting it. Long I pondered if there was a Socratic way of putting it, but I guess the simple things make the most sense.

Everything that gives a deep feeling of satisfaction is seen as a more human thing to do, or so I see. To further simplify, I shall say : the human thing to do it the right thing to do.

Though not all humans do the right thing, it is easy enough to see how my theory might just work.

There ARE superior human beings, and there ARE human beings that are more animal than man.

We do feel a little better when we do something that is not natural for any other being to be doing.

Being faithful to just one other human being is seen as the right thing to do, and gives a deep sense of satisfaction to every advanced thinking human involved in such a situation.

A less developed human would resort to impulsive behavior.

So why would a human be less human, if every human gets a deep sense of satisfaction with every right thing done?

Simply because humans aren't born equal. Some humans are a little more evolved than others and some are born less evolved but come to a sort of self realization of their faults, only to overcome it.

More in part 2.

4 comments:

Gabs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabs said...

(deleted for irrelevance)

But so as not to leave you wanting, if the presence of two comments falsly raised your hopes,(sorry) here's a teaser:

Why would humans need to evolve to such a level as stated in your post?

Unknown said...

I really like the way you think. and by the time you read this, my answer to your question would be posted. And, yeah, you have seriously powerful English. Which makes me feel humbled and sickened.

Humbled because it actually feels like you know what your talking about. And if the case is that you are actually superior to me in every or any way, then it's just cool, you know. haha

Sickened because I have to mind my language. It now feels like an eagle's just soaring above to pick at me at every language based error I make.

But yeah, Gabsicle, it's cool to have you around. Maybe you know(or think you know) the answer to your question. Maybe your testing me. Maybe you really want to know what I think. In which case, thank you.

Forgive me. It's just hard to deal with someone I don't know, but seems to know a great deal.

Gabs said...

What la, I'm as fallible as the next man (perhaps more so). See, I even typed 'falsely' falsely. lol.
And for all intents and purposes, I just wanna know what (and how) you think. And perhaps to give some sort of counterpoint to your arguments. And together find some semblance of purpose for my life. (yeah, post-SPM sentiments. How predictable =_=)