Friday, June 20, 2008

Time

Firstly, I'm going to be direct. I didn't like what I said in my last post. That's why it took me so long to post something new. Even though I said what I meant, and I meant what I said, I don't think I have enough experience or knowledge of politics to be giving extreme criticism to the critics. But that's all I'll say, no apologies; remorse is for the dead.


"What then is time? If no one asks me, I know: if I wish to explain it to one that asketh, I know not." St. Augestine.

Honestly. Who can define time?
Newton says time is a container, just like space, and is REAL as the objects and events it contains.

But is time real?

Maybe it's as real as we want it to be.

It is. Not because the clocks spin, and not because the sun rises and falls, but because, I think, that we can define and relate time to an event or something. But that would make time relative to each and every person, just like how I discussed that good and evil is relative to each person.

Thus consider this;
What may be a long and boring day for me, could be a fun adventure for someone else. I doubt there's a day that time passes a little too quick (or slow) for every single person on the planet.

I can also conclude that most other animals have only a basic idea of time. Or perhaps, they know what time really is and are not surprised, making US the fools! But I doubt it. If an animal knew about time, it would know that its time is limited, that it had to do whatever it had to do and die. But that's not the case for most animals. Animals like cows have no feeling of urgency or care for the short lifespan it has, but this could be because of its genetic memory not allowing it to care.
Otherwise there would be "prison break" cows, escaping their farms to find their own way before their time is up.

So back to the original question; what is time?

This is quite hard to break down.
We all just look at time as a long path, with the past behind us, the future before us and the present right under our feet. But this is just in the minds eye. It is the definition of time as our minds see it, or have been thought to see it.

But I doubt time is just a line. And it would be beyond my imagination to conclude that every action done by ANYthing in the ENTIRE universe would spawn a new path, or a new time line. In some cases a parallel universe, where in one universe a boy buys ice cream, and in the other, he saves his cash. Both universes came from the same event, but had different outcomes, which lead to more possibilities of the future. That's just plain scary. And if that is the case, I think we should wait for evolution to take its course and evolve our minds to better understand that whole concept. It is beyond out minds right now. Or at least my mind.

Another thing, which I have already poked around with in one of my previous posts is that humans live only to see 100+ years of the universe at the most. That's only if they're real careful not to die. But, we cannot understand, comprehend, yet alone define how a billion years of life is. That is why we cannot imagine exactly how it would feel to be 50, But then what about a billion?! You'd be amazed, but the universe has seen much much much more than a billion years. We humans only arrived 10000+ years ago. Every action that was made by the infinite particles in the universe since it's beginning has lead, through the course of TIME, to the creation of human beings. In short, unlike religion and language (and many more) , time, science, knowledge, space, and numbers have been here long before men arrived, and they'll all be here long after were all gone.

Time creeps me out.

No comments: