Monday, October 13, 2008

Losing it.

I am a firm believer of secular ethics. I cannot ever say for sure if secular ethics is less fictitious than religion based ethics, but I find it much easier to believe.

It's forgivable that in the old days amazing unbelievable tales were spun with moral values to guide the people. In those days, people didn't know why the sun rose in the East and set in the West. They didn't know the sky was just gas and vapor.

NOW that we do know what these things are, I think it's time to stop believing in fairy tales and face the truth. I'm going to refer to a Star Trek story once again (before, from another blog of mine).

This story is about a space probe, which had only one task : collect information.

After it wore out, humans discarded it into deep space.

Aliens found the probe and decided to repair and reshape it.

This resurrected the probe, this time with a sentient mind.

But it was still a space probe, with the main objective of gathering data.

So, when it stumbled upon the humans traveling through deep space, it began analyzing them.

After a while, the humans realized it was sentient and began talking to it.

When they realized it was an old space probe, they told it that humans created it.

The space probe went mad.

So you see, I think the reason why we'll never find absolute truth is because we're searching for something we think we understand. And maybe we've already found our creator but cannot rationalize because that's not the image of God we have in our minds.

Like if I told you the Hydrogen atom is God. You would never believe me.

But every chemical can trace it's origins back to Hydrogen.

That makes every single thing around you, essentially Hydrogen in different forms.

Or what if I told you energy is God, since it cannot be created or destroyed?

Maybe the number 0 is God, because 0 divided, multiplied, added, subtracted with any number is equal to itself.

If I told you the Universe was God because it is naturally intelligent, like how all animals have adapted naturally.

None of these things may seem like God, because most people picture a great MAN in his place.
Because most say God shaped man in his image.

You have to remember, a man who has never seen God wrote that.

All in all. I think I'm comfortable just trying to understand all versions of everything without being biased.

Everyone thinks I'm a man of science just because I believe in science.

I believe in nothing.

Except secular ethics.

Science is just the best way to explain things.

Because a Hydrogen atom, if humans didn't name it would have no name.

Everything in the Universe, if left unnamed by humans, would have no name.

Carbon, wood, bear.

Everything, nameless before we came about.

Could it be, that we are shaping the Universe in our image?

1 comment:

Gabs said...

Which would effectively make us God.